Monday, July 5, 2010

We Need to Come Down to Earth

I am sitting at my computer and I am over tired having gotten about two hours of sleep, coming off another bad situation online. I see yet another lost kitten in Farmville pop across my screen and a light bulb goes off. What if we all just turned of our pc's and actually found real lost kittens or planted real crops or wait........ had real live conversations instead of chats?
Some days I feel as if our greatest blessing of this age is also our greatest curse. While information is readily available to us at a moments download, we are losing our humanity.
While that information can save lives it also gives criminals access to victims. It gives people a sense of anonymity which is making us colder and more heartless as a society.
It has become the proverbial crutch for us all to not have to make attempts at having real relationships. I remember watching Walle the Disney movie and thinking how silly all the people looked and thinking that could never happen. Could it?

Down To Earth (Wall-E) Video
 
Some One Take Me Back.....
Take me back to a time when sunshine wasn't something to be afraid of
Take me back to a time when it was safe to play ball in the road on a hot summer day
Take me back to when a forty hour work week was just forty hours
Take me back to a time when families ate dinner together around the table and shared their day with each other
Take me back to when family comedy was family comedy and not The Family Guy
Take me back to a time when father and son fixed up the car or the house together
Take me back to a time when walking didn't involve expensive athletic shoes or the word "Power"
Take me back to a time when people had real conversations in person
Take me back to a time when phones were connected to walls and televisions didn't fit in your pocket
Take me back to a time when our gardens were in our back yards and not on Facebook
Take me back to a time when games involved running around with children and didn't involved a hand held controller
Take me back to a time when children ran over to each others houses to play instead of scheduling play dates
Take me back to when music wasn't digitally created but was played on real instruments, live
For I was not created for this highly technically complicated world where surfing involves webs and pages rather then boards and wax
I don't want to send my avatar to the cyber beach, I want to feel the sand between my own toes once again with out the fear of medical refuge
Take me back please some one take me back there again

No comments:

Post a Comment